S.C.I.E.N.C.E. & Game

General discussion for SC:Galaxies!
DrKreap
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. & Game

Post by DrKreap » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:16 am

Will S.C.I.E.N.C.E. be apart of Star Command Galaxies? What I mean is will we be able to access S.C.I.E.N.C.E. without fully exiting the game. Or will they end up being two separate programs such as it were in Alpha 1?

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Re: S.C.I.E.N.C.E. & Game

Post by Tacitus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Pretty sure it's going to be to separate programs; hopefully it makes a return with Alpha 5!
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?

AngerFork
Developer
Developer

Post by AngerFork » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:54 pm

We've actually played with it both ways and each has benefits and drawbacks. Not saying for sure this is what we'll do, but the current in-house version has it all as one package where you can swap between game and SCIENCE via the main menu. If we were to go with this, we'd likely have a separate package that would be set up for only SCIENCE (for those that would want SCIENCE and not SC:G).

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Tacitus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:23 pm

That method has my vote...seems sensible and convenient.
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?

ZCKman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ZCKman » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Will S.C.I.E.N.C.E. cost extra from the SC Galaxies game?

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Tacitus » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:47 pm

As of right now, no it does not. I can't speak for anyone after the Alpha, but as of now if you bought Galaxies you will have S.C.I.E.N.C.E. as they release it. :)

ZCKman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by ZCKman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:20 am

Ok thanks Tacitus :D

perrydave
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by perrydave » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:28 pm

I just would to know if we bought this kind of game could it be possible to get them both or shall we is this already a so called package?

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Tacitus » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:30 pm

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. was removed from the download package because the program wasn't very user-friendly/intuitive. I hope to see it return with Alpha 5, but I don't know.

The idea is that by release S.C.I.E.N.C.E. will be a fully realized and fleshed out experience!