Initial Thoughts and Buglist

General discussion for SC:Galaxies!
Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Initial Thoughts and Buglist

Post by Tacitus » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:52 pm

First of all I want to say congratulations and good job, there's a lot more content in place then I expected (even if I can't access most of it; more on that later) and even within the limited amount of things I've been able to achieve I've seen a fair amount of variety and diversity. The animations are smooth and I appreciate having a few different ships available for purchase (I can also appreciate ships having trade-in value). It is a beautiful, buggy work of art.

The tutorial kind of worked; finishing it completely exited the program though.

Currently, no matter what I do I can't seem to finish shopping at the station and outfitting my ship in time before it hangs and crashes. Sometimes it hangs when a ship loads into the station scene; one time an enemy ship spawned in at the station and trashed my ship before I could even add the weapons I'd just finished purchasing. I laughed, but it still sucks. I was also able to hire a crewmate on the station without having to pay by simply rejecting the offer to pay and talking to him a few times. Was able to come aboard my ship and man a station.

General freezing of the UI when trying to place weapons. :( Wasted good money on the laser and I couldn't rotate it, or exit out, or anything.

Is there something I'm missing in regards to saves? I can't seem to find a save button anywhere even though I'm warned not to get attached to them. I suppose I won't get attached if I can't find them, but I'm still curious. Continue game on the front-end just starts me with a random Captain at the beginning.

Would deleting the old Alpha4 data off my PC help any?

Cheers, team!
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Re: Initial Thoughts and Buglist

Post by Tacitus » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Nevermind, read known bug list. Looking forward to the future!
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?

THEREALJEML
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by THEREALJEML » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:21 pm

I can't teleport back to my ship is that a bug or I need to press something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEML Productions= Fun game and really entertaining I give it a 11/10

Star Command Galaxies Alpha 6 gameplay
https://youtu.be/zYu6N17rEzA

Trifler
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Trifler » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:20 pm

THEREALJEML wrote:I can't teleport back to my ship is that a bug or I need to press something?
Click on the teleport button in the upper left, then click on your character.

THEREALJEML
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by THEREALJEML » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Ahhhhhhh I see now it works xD thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JEML Productions= Fun game and really entertaining I give it a 11/10

Star Command Galaxies Alpha 6 gameplay
https://youtu.be/zYu6N17rEzA