Adding weapons to ship?

General discussion for SC:Galaxies!
Trifler
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Adding weapons to ship?

Post by Trifler » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:28 pm

I managed to purchase a ship and a crew member, and after several restarts I managed to buy a weapon, but I can't figure out how to place it on my ship. Is there a way to do that or is that functionality not in yet?

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Re: Adding weapons to ship?

Post by Tacitus » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Access the Captain's inventory; you will find the items there and will be able to place them on the ship. It may crash during weapon placement though.
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?

Trifler
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Trifler » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Tacitus wrote:Access the Captain's inventory; you will find the items there and will be able to place them on the ship. It may crash during weapon placement though.
Cool. How do I access the Captain's inventory?

While I'm at it, can we move existing furniture?

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Tacitus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:17 am

Existing furniture? No, at least not that I'm aware of. The Captain's inventory can be located on the character bubble in the lower left, the inventory is the blacked out button at 3 o clock.

Sorry for the delayed reply!
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?

Trifler
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Trifler » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:35 am

Tacitus wrote:Existing furniture? No, at least not that I'm aware of. The Captain's inventory can be located on the character bubble in the lower left, the inventory is the blacked out button at 3 o clock.

Sorry for the delayed reply!
Thanks I'll go check it out.

CptTony
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by CptTony » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Trifler wrote:While I'm at it, can we move existing furniture?
Once you get a cadet promoted to an engineer, they will have the option to pack equipment up into a box.
Characters can then pick up the box and add it to their inventory, to place one of these packed items simply click on the item in the inventory then it will appear under your mouse cursor which you can then move about to find an appropriately large space for the item.

I can't say it's a seamless experience at the moment though... certainly don't pack your transporter.

Trifler
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Trifler » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:41 pm

CptTony wrote:
Once you get a cadet promoted to an engineer, they will have the option to pack equipment up into a box.
Characters can then pick up the box and add it to their inventory, to place one of these packed items simply click on the item in the inventory then it will appear under your mouse cursor which you can then move about to find an appropriately large space for the item.

I can't say it's a seamless experience at the moment though... certainly don't pack your transporter.
Very cool. Sounds like that'll be something to look forward to in future versions, but it's good to know for sure that it's a planned feature.

Sounds like I should go pack the life support system. ;-)

Falcongrey
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Falcongrey » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:24 pm

CptTony wrote:

AHH!!! Thank you so much! I was wondering about that... though can't live long enough to get there lol!
Windows 10 x64, 16Gb Ram, GeForce GTX 760 (2Gb Dedicated Ram), 11TB Hard drive Space, AMD Quad Core 2.6gHz, Triple Monitor Setup and 7.1 Surround Sound. Can't find anything I can't run full graphics and audio!

terence
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by terence » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:26 am

CptTony wrote:

Why you have to advise him not to pack his transporter, does it affect?

Branedeath
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Branedeath » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:35 am

I packed my teleporter and accidentally saved with it packed up ... logged back in, went to unpack the teleporter and it was gone. Try doing anything once your teleporter is gone.