How do you download the game?

General discussion for SC:Galaxies!
CharlieX
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

How do you download the game?

Post by CharlieX » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:53 am

I'm a Kickstarter backer and I never got around to actually trying the game, since I knew it was in the beginning stages. I'd like to give it a try now, but...how do I download it? I read on the forums that I could do so without Steam and download it from the website, instead.

Clicking the SendOwl link just leads me to a page that contains a Steam key, and clicking that leads me to the Steam store. Color me confused. Is there no direct/DRM-free download?

AngerFork
Developer
Developer

Re: How do you download the game?

Post by AngerFork » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:56 am

We're still working out the kinks with non-Steam downloads at this point. We're trying to set up the non-Steam downloads to go through Humble, but that is still somewhat a WIP.

lushian
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by lushian » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:36 am

i got the steam key but i cant get it to download but it shows i have used it till i have 2 left can i please get some help. I also bought the game from the main page so i dont know why i click the download on my email and it takes me to the steam page and thats it

AngerFork
Developer
Developer

Post by AngerFork » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:59 pm

lushian, just sent you a PM

KingPin
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by KingPin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:38 am

Hi AngerFork,

I have the same issue, I've been trying to add the game to my library, both through steam trying to find a "Redeem game Key" and through the email link. Once I click on the link it redirects me to the steam page but nothing seems to happen. Please Help...
Code, is knowledge, knowledge, is power.

Gavinhawk
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Gavinhawk » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Nevermind I found my key in an old email that lead me to the owl link instead of humble bundle.
Last edited by Gavinhawk on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilentZealot
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by SilentZealot » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:43 pm

I also was an early backer and have used two keys now and the same thing that has happened to others has happened to me: when I click redeem code in my email it takes me to a page showing how many keys I've used (currently 3 left) and when I click download it directs me to the steam webpage but won't allow me to download the game. I do have steam but can't figure out how to get the download to actually start. Can someone find a way for me to get into the new alpha please? I've been aching to play for a while now.

AngerFork
Developer
Developer

Post by AngerFork » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:34 am

Kingpin & SilentZealot - Sent you both PMs.

DeeDiebS
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by DeeDiebS » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:46 pm

The Same thing has been happening to me How would I go about fixing this Problem. I Have a Steam and I keep clicking on redeem code but It keeps telling me Early acess isnt quite ready.

justwes
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by justwes » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:45 am

I've been struggling with this same issue this morning as well.

I've attempted the redemption vis Steam a few times with no success. Only taking me to the product page with an option to buy.

And the save to Dropbox option gives me a file that I can't open via the Team client.

Very confused.