S.C.E.I.N.C.E.

Official News and Announcements from the team.
Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

S.C.E.I.N.C.E.

Post by Zavier » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

What is S.C.I.E.N.C.E.?
I like science! Wait, what is it?

Well, bold-face font, S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is the Star Command Isometric Enhanced New Creation Editor, which is our modding tool for the community to use. It is a way for you to design new objects and add them into the game for you and your friends to visit and/or use. Simply put: build things, create worlds, share it all, expand the universe.

Good tag line, but how does it work?

Once you open up S.C.I.E.N.C.E., you can choose what you would like to build. You can build such things as Ships, Planets, Objects, and Characters. Once you have chosen what you would like to build, you are given a graphical interface to develop it with. This allows you to draw your objects, set up walls on your ship, or even add in Flora and Fauna to your new volcano planet.

Can these objects/ships/planets do anything, or do they just look pretty?
Perhaps you want your new object to emit radiation, or you want your new ship to have beautiful Avarian architecture. No worries, S.C.I.E.N.C.E. has your back. You can set properties for each object such as how much power it will take, or how obnoxiously loud it will be to deafen nearby crew members. You can also bring in sets of alien architecture to work with your design, allowing you to make various alien ships. Ever wanted to see an Antorian Cruise Ship or a Midorian Trade Cruiser? This is your chance to make that a reality!

Neat, I made something. Now what?

So you've finished your new Ship/Planet/Object of Doom and you want to share your new scientific creation with the world, possibly via email or at a large conference. Well then, it's time to Export it into a game readable format. Currently, we're looking at both LUA and XML as potential export options, and have tested both.

How much is this new S.C.I.E.N.C.E. going to cost me?
At Warballoon, we believe in sharing all of our new S.C.I.E.N.C.E. with the community. So how much does it cost? In a word, nothing. In five words, it will cost you nothing. Rather, it will be a free download for everyone on the planet, separate from Star Command: Galaxies.

I'd like to challenge your hypothesis on this new S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
The tool is still somewhat in development and we are always open to fantastic new ideas. What would you like to see in the tool, and what questions do you have about it? Tell us on Facebook and Twitter. We're always listening. Always. (Cue creepy music....)

Remember, you can make anything with S.C.I.E.N.C.E!
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

danznl84
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: S.C.E.I.N.C.E.

Post by danznl84 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:38 am

Wheres the DL button? Im anxious lol

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: S.C.E.I.N.C.E.

Post by Zavier » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:20 am