Completely change the bridge.

General discussion for all SC Mobile.
TheDreaded1
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Completely change the bridge.

Post by TheDreaded1 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:23 pm

This is my first post so bear with me.

I think the bridge should be completely redone. It should have, at most, 4Green Bridge Occupations Crew and 2 tactical crew. Each member should have their own, one-of-a-kind skill usable once per battle, and possible consequences for them not being on your ship, For any reason. Side note: Since this would reduce the amount of tactical support a ship had, I believe another Tactical "Guard" occupation should be created, in which these crew members will walk the hallways of the ship, patrolling.

Navigation Officer- Warp Drive - Starts a countdown of varied lenghts, upon reaching 0, the battle ends, and you warp to the closest home planet. Increases dodge recharge rate. Dead/Missing- ships can't travel between solar systems, dodge recharge rate reduced.

Communications Officer-Mayday-Can call for reinforcements by way of an a.i. controlled team teleporting to defend your ship, or an additional ally ship (multiple ship battles is another idea, for a later time). Dead/Missing- Cannot respond to hails, which may lead to an ally attacking you(random encounter), cannot dock at a home planet.

Sensors Analyst Officer- Scan- scans enemy ship providing an interior lay out, with rooms color coded, but not named. Passive: At Next opportunity to invade enemy, allows player to select an area for away team teleportation. Increases recharge rate for shield based skills. Dead/Missing- Great chance to be ambushed(random encounter), away team will teleport to random area during away missions.

The Captain- Only thing i think should be added to captains is a "Lock Down" skill all captains possess. This skill should lock all doors preventing all crew/enemies to enter/leave rooms, respectively. Can be used anywhere in the ship, but there must be a bridge crew member in the bridge to activate.

This is an unrefined idea, that could use some feedback. I have several more, some mentioned in this post( random encounters, multiple ship battles, tactical patrollers.) If you like this I will keep them coming!

dumbluck
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Completely change the bridge.

Post by dumbluck » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:59 pm

I like this idea. it fits in a bit with the Crew Bunks idea mentioned in another thread, where the maximum number of crew you can have is limited by the number of bunks you can have. the "extra redshirts patrolling" could be stationed in the crew bunks, as mentioned in that thread.