Suggestions

General discussion for all SC Mobile.
fuzzy9001
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Suggestions

Post by fuzzy9001 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:19 am

So the title says it all i would to make some suggestions for the Star Command Mobile App.

First of all:
*Instead of sentry turret Droids! Because Sentry turrets just fire at enemies and need to be repaired all the time i thought droids would be a good idea because the droids would have to go back to the droid room every time they were damaged by enemy fire. Also you would be able to build 4 droids of every type tactical, engineer, science. And if they were destroyed the nearest droid would pick up their body and take it back to the droid room for repairing.
*There could be a new room called "Security" This room would be specific to fighting off intruders that board the ship when ever there is an alert of an intruders beaming aboard the officers in there would report to that location and fight them off. If one of them were injured or killed one of the others would take them to medical to have them healed or revived.
*There could also be another room called "Damage Control" the officers that work in there would be engineering and they would be specific to repairing the ship. There AI would be configured to repair or help repair main systems next they would put out fires also if there was an intruder beaming aboard near or next a damaged part of a ship they would avoid them and go to a different location that they could repair. The damage control parties I should call them would also work in conjunction with the Security officers from the suggestion I mentioned before.
*Instead of there being two different rooms: Healing Room & Medical they could both be converted into one room in essence "Sick Bay" This room would produce revive tokens and have that medical ability (Cant remember name) and 4 officers would work in there. Also there would be animation if they were brought to sick bay of the medics treating them on a bed rather than the other healing animation.
*You could also have a little wait and a cool start-up sound of the light wave engines powering up then going into light wave (i think its called) You could also have ships fight in light wave but because both ships are travelling very fast transporter abilities would be impossible.
*Add transporter abilities ive wanted to see the other part of the Lazarus story and find out what happens to assistant dunt also it would be cool if you could beam people onto other people ships (like the in the galaxies version) and actually see their ship interior but if the sensor room was damaged you wouldn't be able to see inside this links in with my next suggestion.
*"Sensor rooms" These rooms would control your sensors and allow you to see inside enemy ships if the room was damaged you would loose vision inside the ship the room would also be a science room (I thought the others didn't really match sensors) the room would also have an upgrade called "Long Range Sensors" so if you went on the map it would tell you if different areas were safe or not.

Ok those are all my suggestions I hope you liked them (cause they take me an hour to type about god my hands hurt)

This is the bit i have edited for some more suggestions i just came up with!
*Allows us to get the Star Command Flagship I love going back to Neptune just for the fight against the Flagship! Its sooo cool to test how strong my ship is and i have wondered what it would look like inside it imagine:
1000 Crew!
6 Weapons rooms!
3 Engine rooms!
20 Bridge Officers!
Regenerative shields!
Ablative Hull Armour!
And a cup of coffee to keep awake for as long as you can!
Sorry about that having one of my imaginative moments there but there should be multiple decks on the ship and each crew member should have their own quarters.
*Crew relationships ok this is another one i came up with relationships between crew can affect morale quite a bit if two people who hate each other having to work in the same section there can be arguments that will disrupt work and will have to be resolved also crew have "sexual" relationships and be very happy if they are working in the same sections.
Last edited by fuzzy9001 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a dreamer, I wonder what the future holds. But I dont like detentions!

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Re: Suggestions

Post by stevetranby » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Thanks. We love suggestions and you have some great ideas here. Feel free to add more. I'll add these to the ever list of ideas to pursue :D
We definitely want to add more rooms with different features. Androids are on the list as well as ship drones. Once we have more room types we can consider combining into sick bay and we'd love to use the new laying down animations that were more recently created. We're trying to think of ways to automate some aspects of the game for periods of time, so the officer idea could be one way to implement that. We may want to allow you to auto-send any tactical so maybe the room would enable that feature. Teleporting room is on the list as is walking on other ships and planets (though no plans to allow boarding enemy ship while in battle for now).
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

fuzzy9001
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by fuzzy9001 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:02 pm

stevetranby wrote:Thanks. We love suggestions and you have some great ideas here. Feel free to add more. I'll add these to the ever list of ideas to pursue :D
We definitely want to add more rooms with different features. Androids are on the list as well as ship drones. Once we have more room types we can consider combining into sick bay and we'd love to use the new laying down animations that were more recently created. We're trying to think of ways to automate some aspects of the game for periods of time, so the officer idea could be one way to implement that. We may want to allow you to auto-send any tactical so maybe the room would enable that feature. Teleporting room is on the list as is walking on other ships and planets (though no plans to allow boarding enemy ship while in battle for now).
Ah ok glad teleporters are in progress im also wondering how do i get in the beta for Star Command i have sent my form in but i dont know when ill be accepted will an email be sent to me?

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Sorry about the delay pushing out to iOS testers. We distracted our focus toward new features and sandbox mode so we can release a "Next Update" build and a new "Test" build alongside for getting feedback. We're working this week to re-focus on getting the new build(s) out to those on the beta test list for iOS/WinPhone. Unfortunately we only have 1.25 team members working on mobile vs. 7.75 on galaxies.
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

fuzzy9001
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by fuzzy9001 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:27 am

stevetranby wrote:Sorry about the delay pushing out to iOS testers. We distracted our focus toward new features and sandbox mode so we can release a "Next Update" build and a new "Test" build alongside for getting feedback. We're working this week to re-focus on getting the new build(s) out to those on the beta test list for iOS/WinPhone. Unfortunately we only have 1.25 team members working on mobile vs. 7.75 on galaxies.
Ok so you are coordinating most of your guys work towards Galaxies?