Windows Beta

General discussion for all SC Mobile.
Hardwater
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Windows Beta

Post by Hardwater » Wed May 13, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi,

Ive just started playing the Windows Beta and I wondered if theres a way to make it full screen and also if theres a way to remove the overlaid txt in the top left?

Regards

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Re: Windows Beta

Post by stevetranby » Wed May 13, 2015 4:42 pm

We can probably allow full screen, be interested when we do so if it would look jarring having pixel-art elements being so large though :D
The top left text will likely always be present, but we may move it back down to the lower left instead, and we will discuss adding a toggle to hide/show.

How is it playing? What input features do you want added? Keyboard shortcuts? Do you find button placement to be not as desired since it's a mobile-first UI design? etc
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

Hardwater
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Hardwater » Thu May 14, 2015 6:59 am

I only briefly played it as was waiting for reply about fullscreen, I will give it a good test tonight and post impression/ideas!

Did notice that I cant get out of options in game and was no way to save/quit, and right clicking whilst on planet seemed to crash it.

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Thu May 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Feel free to wait 'til next build if you like before playing more, we just enjoy getting feedback :D
I'm seeing the right-click bug, but not crash. I'll do some more testing, but hopefully what I already fixed for right-click will fix your crash.
What are you running it on: win7, win8, win10?

Hardwater
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Hardwater » Sat May 16, 2015 8:45 am

Im running it on Windows 8, when do you think the next build will be out? Have played a little more but was getting confused between this and the star command galaxies, so infact saving is working fine, I think it would be handy if you could move the view around by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the mouse aswell as using the cursor keys. Will post more after more playing!

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Sat May 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Interesting. That's was the default actually since it is touch based and entirely single "click" left click-drag was for pan. However, we thought selection would be more fun on desktop since most games use wasd+arrows for panning? Interesting that you want to pan with mouse drag, hmmm, maybe we'll add more options later. If you're using a surface tablet I'm not sure how we handle that yet. My guess is that if you attach the keyboard or mouse you get the desktop behavior and if you don't have those attached you get the mobile behavior.

Thanks for playing. The next build will be out shortly, probably by Monday, though I'll probably only announce it on the forums since this one won't contain too many new features, if any. Also the mobile team had a few days off this past week so there was less progress.

I plan to start a more concise "changelog" on the forums posting info on any new build in the announcements or somewhere. Maybe in a new sub-forum called "Beta" next to the regular issues. We understand we have some complications related to Mobile vs Galaxies with what game is what and where and which has which issues, etc. We're always working on it haha.

Hardwater
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Hardwater » Mon May 18, 2015 5:10 am

I see what you mean, group selection probably does make more sense with the left mouse button, but maybe be able to drag the view by holding the right mouse button instead? The less interaction needed with the keyboard the better in my opinion, although of course its subjective!

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Tue May 19, 2015 1:47 am

Yeah, we should probably change what the right-drag does, maybe panning makes the most sense. We had a tile-based selection (instead of the left-drag screen-based selection) and I think the screen selection works much better. Worst-case we'll add middle-button-drag for panning, but I think right-drag makes the most sense.

Hardwater
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Hardwater » Tue May 19, 2015 8:23 am

Nice one, any idea on when new build is out? I have to come to the library to check the internet at the moment so dont want to come here unneccessarily! Nice one!

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Wed May 20, 2015 2:15 am

Just finished getting right-drag to pan the ship, wanted to get a couple more things updated, but I think tomorrow (well later today - it's 2am here, time for sleep, haha). would be a good day for a build since it's been too long already since the last :D I'll edit this message once it's out.