FAQ - SC Mobile *Update 11/05/14*

General discussion for all SC Mobile.
Morellius
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: FAQ - A work in progress

Post by Morellius » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:58 pm

how long would it approximately take for the developers to complete the pc version when the ios and android version is released? i mean how long could it take to convert an android game that is already done to pc? btw i have no clue about programming so bear over with me, but i would be really happy if i could get any kind of clue other than "soon"

indi
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by indi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:13 am

Will the PC version be slightly different (more features) or just a port?

Xahni13
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Xahni13 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:40 pm

There will be the modding community. So apart from that I think it will be sort of the same deal

Morellius
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Morellius » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:44 pm

i heard that there will be a beta for the pc version in about the same time android and ios is released, apparently only backers can join in..

Kushaja
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Kushaja » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:08 am

Sorry cant find an answer to this question so i'll just ask it here. I know comabt ill be reltime, but can you pause the game at any time to give out orders and stuff easily?

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 am

Morellius wrote:how long would it approximately take for the developers to complete the pc version when the ios and android version is released? i mean how long could it take to convert an android game that is already done to pc? btw i have no clue about programming so bear over with me, but i would be really happy if i could get any kind of clue other than "soon"
indi wrote:Will the PC version be slightly different (more features) or just a port?
***Unofficial Answer***

Porting from mobile isn't easy per say... Some engines allow an easy port (unreal) plus bug fixes and others could cause more problems. The devs wanted a way around the mini games in mobile but we are not sure where they are at currently. I think this will take the most time after mobile release.

So a straight port matters on the engine and any changes. The time could be weeks to a few months+ I'll check for any info else where today too

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

plopiplop
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by plopiplop » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:49 pm

Didn't they say that the PC version wil be in beta very close to the soft lauch ? I think that they may already have build for it then ?
We are going to try to release very close to soft launch on those platforms for Kickstarters to play via Steam Greenlight.
Anyway I don't mind them taking the time they need ^^

By the way, I've read that they were sued for the stickers they made for their first KS. Anyone has the full story ? I hope it was not Pixar hehe...

MacroMoodle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by MacroMoodle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Kushaja wrote:Sorry cant find an answer to this question so i'll just ask it here. I know comabt ill be reltime, but can you pause the game at any time to give out orders and stuff easily?
I haven't seen anything about a pause function (similar to FTL) has anyone else?

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:28 pm

MacroMoodle wrote:
Kushaja wrote:Sorry cant find an answer to this question so i'll just ask it here. I know comabt ill be reltime, but can you pause the game at any time to give out orders and stuff easily?
I haven't seen anything about a pause function (similar to FTL) has anyone else?

There is no pause button. I might have a little more info later today

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Xahni13
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Xahni13 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:27 pm

This is a must since it is a real time management game,
If FTL had no pause you'd have to remember all hotkeys and keep track of your HP, crew, facilities, enemy invaders and enemy ship at same time. And that require some skill