FAQ - SC Mobile *Update 11/05/14*

General discussion for all SC Mobile.
User avatar
paracelus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 am

Re: FAQ *Update 4/9/13*

Post by paracelus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:04 am

Did the game get submitted to Apple?

User avatar
Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: FAQ *Update 4/9/13*

Post by Zavier » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:54 am

Phortis wrote:Zavier, do you know if game center is supported for challenges or achievements? Or maybe something like what FTL has in place to unlock other vessels?
There is no gamecenter support on launch. The game is locked to the small ship initially and after beating the game you gain access to the harder modes and medium sized ships.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

User avatar
Ikmalmn
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: FAQ

Post by Ikmalmn » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Zavier wrote:I am pretty sure combat is set to ship to ship and enemies on your ship.

Humans haven't invented/stolen teleportation tech yet so they keep getting attack but can't send their own crews.

I think there are missions where you find a ship a choose to board it, bit its text based. The resolution is you are transporting some refugees or hostiles teleport onto your ship.

Check out their play through video: http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=AmGivVlOZq ... mGivVlOZq0

-Zavier

*table facepalm* man....we're dumb*** ......although we would probably get zap since by the look of some vids of the gameplay the amount the enemy that get transported...and the size and layout of the ship..yea we shall get zap

User avatar
Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: FAQ *Update 4/9/13*

Post by Zavier » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 am

Ikmalmn wrote:
Zavier wrote:I am pretty sure combat is set to ship to ship and enemies on your ship.

Humans haven't invented/stolen teleportation tech yet so they keep getting attack but can't send their own crews.

I think there are missions where you find a ship a choose to board it, bit its text based. The resolution is you are transporting some refugees or hostiles teleport onto your ship.

Check out their play through video: http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=AmGivVlOZq ... mGivVlOZq0

-Zavier

*table facepalm* man....we're dumb*** ......although we would probably get zap since by the look of some vids of the gameplay the amount the enemy that get transported...and the size and layout of the ship..yea we shall get zap
Idk what you mean by "zap" the game play works just fine... Some levels require more strategy then others especially after the first 5 missions. .

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

User avatar
Ikmalmn
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: FAQ *Update 4/15/13*

Post by Ikmalmn » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 am

By "zap" meant by get shot by a laser to the body....and the enemy has loads of troops stored on their ship....so what that means is that it is probably a terrible idea to make a teleportation room to hijack the ship....with your small amount of troop at your ship...

User avatar
Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: FAQ *Update 4/15/13*

Post by Zavier » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:44 am

Ikmalmn wrote:By "zap" meant by get shot by a laser to the body....and the enemy has loads of troops stored on their ship....so what that means is that it is probably a terrible idea to make a teleportation room to hijack the ship....with your small amount of troop at your ship...
Ah ha! Every Star Commander knows that a ship does not store the invading parties! Each ship acts like a relay station where a small crew can encounter an enemy and contact their fleet ship. The crew are then relayed from the fleet ship to yours using their smaller ship like a router... This is why it takes so long for a crew to be transported to your ship. It would be almost instant if they were coming directly from the ship you see.

Haven't you read your "Into to Alien Technology 101" book yet?

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

User avatar
justincoombs21
Developer
Developer
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: FAQ *Update 4/15/13*

Post by justincoombs21 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 am

thanks!

User avatar
kverch
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: FAQ *Update 4/15/13*

Post by kverch » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:59 pm

How will the pets mechanic work?

User avatar
Talrath
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: FAQ *Update 4/15/13*

Post by Talrath » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:17 pm

All the latest devices (phones/tablets) will be supported, but how far we go back in devices is still very much up for discussion.
Does this mean only the newest devices?? Or will old popular ones also be included like the Galaxy SII?? It has good specs and a lot of users...me included :D

User avatar
Ikmalmn
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: FAQ *Update 4/15/13*

Post by Ikmalmn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 am

Zavier wrote:
Ah ha! Every Star Commander knows that a ship does not store the invading parties! Each ship acts like a relay station where a small crew can encounter an enemy and contact their fleet ship. The crew are then relayed from the fleet ship to yours using their smaller ship like a router... This is why it takes so long for a crew to be transported to your ship. It would be almost instant if they were coming directly from the ship you see.

Haven't you read your "Into to Alien Technology 101" book yet?

-Zavier
How could I have not known and read the guide book.....althought it would probaly be like reading guides on DF..... book version

Althought I have now learnt ship teleportation....but one question...one does not sent crews to deal a subsation amount of damage (althought some can do it : /) why didn't there just sent ships in aid instead of crews...since come on its probaly faster cheaper and quite literally better in general...since if you want to teleport your crews onto a ship you must at least be a enough range minimally 1 light year away? Of half of that range...

And if its farther away...it could just hyperdrive it's way (just like in Star Wars)....but for just teleporting some crew members?
Is the captain dumb as a rock?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests