Star Command Build 12042

Post by stevetranby » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Mac - http://bit.ly/1KI7pcZ
Win32 - http://bit.ly/1FY6HHy
Android - http://bit.ly/1BNefZD

For the full changelog:
http://starcommandgame.com/beta/changelog.php

Known Issues:
- looks like squad groups should be working for normal save/load, but away team members are removed from the group upon return
"I see dead codes, and create instances of Deja-vu in the galaxy."
Development (Mobile Team) • Game Design • Business • Warballoon Co-founder

Tacitus
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Re: Star Command Build 12042

Post by Tacitus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Compiling...compiling....compiling...compiling....
All I know is this Lo-Pan character comes out of nowhere...while his buddies are flying around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him with light coming out of his mouth?

weegee
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by weegee » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:06 am

PC

During team deployment captain on the unit picker (left part of the screen) looks different than on the right part of screen, while all other units are fine.

If I by mistake sent my entire team to the point of return, the game will ask whether I want to return every single time a unit passes the return zone, and I need to cancel many times.

Not sure if this is a bug, but I've found some boots token during an away mission, bout could not reach them due to some impassable terrain type, which looked like some green ovals.

Damage digits still drawn somewhere outside the map.

The Vocar shows double shooting animation while firing just one projectile as a result.

Crewmemeber's names don't fit the panel at the top the screen when a single unit is selected. But captain's name and rank are ok.

The Cortexians does not attack my units at all.

Select unit -> Press [<] & [>] buttons -> Works -> While that unit is selected and [<] [>] buttons are visible, open Groups. -> Close Groups -> [<] [>] Don't work any more until the unit is deselected.

UPD:

After I've deleted Dr. Clebaticus chamber the doctor himself remained on the ship.

UPD:

During the battle near Jupiter, it was mission med 2 I guess, the enemy ship was invisible.

When the battle starts some weapon and abilities icons are in incorrect state, i.e. they look like not charged, but are actually charged.

A couple of times the game crashed as soon as the battle was over.

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Fixed:
- During team deployment captain on the unit picker (left part of the screen) looks different than on the right part of screen, while all other units are fine
- Damage digits still drawn somewhere outside the map.
- [<] & [>] buttons; for now group/hire buttons hide on crew selection
- no longer have Dr. Klebaticus on ship. He's fun pixel art, but will try him as part mission(s) instead. he'll build the room or give you blueprints to unlock it

If I by mistake sent my entire team to the point of return, the game will ask whether I want to return every single time a unit passes the return zone, and I need to cancel many times.
- yep annoying for us as well. For now it'll pop up as a menu above the tile, like trade. It'll be a UI in progress for a while probably. but for now it'll at least not be annoying.
- let us know how well the new style works.

Not sure if this is a bug, but I've found some boots token during an away mission, bout could not reach them due to some impassable terrain type, which looked like some green ovals.
- it should be checking for pathing availability, but some must slip through the generator's restrictions

The Vocar shows double shooting animation while firing just one projectile as a result.
- will fix

Crewmemeber's names don't fit the panel at the top the screen when a single unit is selected. But captain's name and rank are ok.
- they fit for me? what resolution are you running?

The Cortexians does not attack my units at all.
- yep, it's a bug. they will attack if you move right next to them, but their attack radius and behavior needs to be fixed

During the battle near Jupiter, it was mission med 2 I guess, the enemy ship was invisible.
- I've seen invisible ships sometimes, probably missing or invalid assets since it's randomly pulling from the entire list

When the battle starts some weapon and abilities icons are in incorrect state, i.e. they look like not charged, but are actually charged.
- will try to fix, may need reproducible steps)

(will update here when others fixed)

weegee
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by weegee » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:29 am

weegee wrote:Crewmemeber's names don't fit the panel at the top the screen when a single unit is selected. But captain's name and rank are ok.
- they fit for me? what resolution are you running?
I'm running 1280x1024 windowed. My locale is RU. Crew member's name is the default one.
Screenshots:

Bad: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/174 ... ontFit.jpg
OK: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/174 ... mesFit.png

stevetranby
Developer
Developer

Post by stevetranby » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Thanks, could you post the text of the regular crew name?
I'll test out to try and fix this regardless, by creating long names and variations, but it always helps to get the real data causing the issue.
Hopefully I find the issue easily by testing 1280x1024 as I don't know if I've tested that resolution much.