Hate having your ship being boarded?

General discussion for all SC Mobile.
eldiano
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Hate having your ship being boarded?

Post by eldiano » Tue May 14, 2013 5:52 pm

I kind of notice that if you have your dodge tokens up, and you see the invasion bar go all the way up, they won't board your ship after they attack you, meaning that if you dodge their attack, they won't board your ship and will you a chance to regather your crews, this comes in handy on blackhole difficulty when they board right after every attack, but even then sometimes they attack halfway when they recharge meaning that every other time they board your ship. :lol:

So in other words, dodge whenever you can, it will prevent your ship from being invaded even if their invasion bar is all the way up... this doesn't work on the zombie mission.

eldiano
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: Hate having your ship being boarded?

Post by eldiano » Tue May 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Another thing is that an individual crew can track targets, just click your crew and tap the target you want him to follow, you should see white cross hairs, this comes handy when you have the bigger fire ants running around wrecking havok around your ship and you want one red crew member taking care of him.

Ikmalmn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ikmalmn » Tue May 14, 2013 8:47 pm

For me....

Dodging to escape from being boarded seems stupid....but it will be valuable as we progress further
I rather like to only dodge when it targets very important part of the ship

But other than that....I never notice that you can dodge form being boarded and try to edit to avoid double posting :)

Oh and welcome to the forums :)

eldiano
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by eldiano » Tue May 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks!!! I vaguely heard of this game, but I gave in and loved it, but honestly though it may sound stupid to dodge, but for me at least on black hole it becomes tedious since you only have sooo little crew to deal with at least 20 aliens walking around your ship every 10 seconds... and you can only regenerate so much grenades sentrys and 300 rate of fire with at least a crew of eight red uniform guys, it gives you a little room to breath, because as you know they start tearing up the ship to pieces if left unchecked.

SCPenny
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by SCPenny » Thu May 16, 2013 1:01 am

its not the dodge tokens, if you have full shields they cannot board. So charging your shield before the boarding bar gets full will prevent them from boarding. If you dodge the next attacks then the full shield will prevent them from boarding giving you plenty of breathing room. Depending on the enemy firing rate and your dodge room some times you can have the ship to your self for quite a while.

then its all about timing them, I only dodge when my shields are full , or the hit might kill some one,

XidanePayne
Chief
Chief

Post by XidanePayne » Thu May 16, 2013 2:28 am

SCPenny wrote:its not the dodge tokens, if you have full shields they cannot board. So charging your shield before the boarding bar gets full will prevent them from boarding. If you dodge the next attacks then the full shield will prevent them from boarding giving you plenty of breathing room. Depending on the enemy firing rate and your dodge room some times you can have the ship to your self for quite a while.

then its all about timing them, I only dodge when my shields are full , or the hit might kill some one,
^Pretty much this.

There are different sounds for when the shield is online and offline, use your hearing to distinguish between shields down or up. As it stands right now, it's not too easy to see if the shields are below or above the mark (not sure about iPads).

My strategy usually goes; The enemy weapon and invasion bar recharge at a different pace, use this to your advantage. If i can afford to take a critical hit to the shield and not being boarded, then that's what i'll do and save myself a dodge token for when it's really needed. If my shields are in the reds and the enemy invasion bar are almost at 100%, the shield booster will do my bidding for me. As long as my shields are above the threshold (the red area of the shield bar), they can't board.

Gotta utilize the shields and dodge tokens wisely, switch between them and time them well and you're in for a smooth sailing :lol:

Ikmalmn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ikmalmn » Mon May 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Shields are like dodge tokens.....

Only that you can fix breached hulls and avoiding being hit

But I prefer dodge generator because I can minimize the damage of the inside of the ship and wouldn't mind being boarded

eldiano
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by eldiano » Mon May 20, 2013 10:08 pm

That is my logic exactly, I dodge so I can get a little breather to heal/fix everything patch 1.0.2 fixed some things, but kind of made the game easy now I think.