@!#?@! Black hole, normal is pretty much impossible

General discussion for all SC Mobile.
Cap'n Crusty
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

@!#?@! Black hole, normal is pretty much impossible

Post by Cap'n Crusty » Sat May 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Played through the small ship. Now I've made it through to the last mission on the 2nd ship. The Dreadnaught fires much faster than I can generate any kind of tokens. My ship is flooded with boarders. Even when I manage to destroy the ship, the boarders slay half my crew before I can clear them out. After that I'm pretty much toast when the second part of the battle gets going. How the hell do you beat it?

Falzer
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Re: @!#?@! Black hole, normal is pretty much impossible

Post by Falzer » Sat May 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Maybe Strategy games aren't for you.........

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Sat May 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Alternate the dodge and shield boost to minimalize invaders.

Normal is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

3kul
Ensign
Ensign

Post by 3kul » Sat May 18, 2013 11:59 pm

Zavier's advice is good, I'd add that you should take a bit of care with how you arrange your crew and recognize when it would be better to abandon one particular room and it's function to ensure that you can more effectively deal with invaders.

When all else fails, pile everybody into one of your weapons rooms and hope for the best ;)

Cap'n Crusty
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Cap'n Crusty » Sun May 19, 2013 5:06 am

Falzer wrote:Maybe Strategy games aren't for you.........
Maybe I've been playing strategy games since before you were born......
Thanks for being a jerk about it though.

To those offering legitimate advise, my gratitude. I breezed through the game to this point. I have alternated the shield and dodge this mission as others, but they just don't keep up. I'll give the machine gun room blockade a try when things start falling apart. More space in there than in my torpedo room.

Alexthemonster
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Alexthemonster » Sun May 19, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm sorry that some people consider this level impossible but I managed to beat the entire game from easy to normal to hard to black hole without losing a single player. By the end of it all my crew were level 30 on all skill trees. So don't tell me it's impossible because now they nerfed it and so more people will be joining what used to be an elite rank of players. Like any hardcore game if you can't beat it the first time, FARM! Or you can bitch to the devs if you want to lessen the satisfaction of beating this incredible game.

Alexthemonster
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Alexthemonster » Sun May 19, 2013 5:25 pm

You can see my full explanation of my farming process here
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=225&start=20

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Mon May 20, 2013 12:41 am

Alexthemonster wrote:I'm sorry that some people consider this level impossible but I managed to beat the entire game from easy to normal to hard to black hole without losing a single player. By the end of it all my crew were level 30 on all skill trees. So don't tell me it's impossible because now they nerfed it and so more people will be joining what used to be an elite rank of players. Like any hardcore game if you can't beat it the first time, FARM! Or you can bitch to the devs if you want to lessen the satisfaction of beating this incredible game.
The final mission used to have 4 ships and there was no ng+ or random missions, so don't talk about nerfs ;). The fire rate was a bug and not intended...

Most people will not beat the last difficulty either way. If the hull breach exploit is fixed, less then one percent will do it.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Alexthemonster
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Alexthemonster » Mon May 20, 2013 6:46 am

the funny thing is that i could have handled four enemy ships. as long as you destroy the enemy ship and leave a straggler enemy aboard your ship, you can repair and generate all your tokens again. this is a great strategy for the last mission BTW. and id like to apologise if i came off too abrasive. i was frustrated here is a picture of a cute furry animal called a Stoat as an apology.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mls0SKe7NJA/T ... Life_3.jpg

XidanePayne
Chief
Chief

Post by XidanePayne » Mon May 20, 2013 10:28 am

Alexthemonster wrote:the funny thing is that i could have handled four enemy ships. as long as you destroy the enemy ship and leave a straggler enemy aboard your ship, you can repair and generate all your tokens again. this is a great strategy for the last mission BTW. and id like to apologise if i came off too abrasive. i was frustrated here is a picture of a cute furry animal called a Stoat as an apology.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mls0SKe7NJA/T ... Life_3.jpg
Now i have no quarrels with you. And that's mostly thanks to the picture :lol: