Large Ships

General discussion for all SC Mobile.
Lurkily
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Re: Large Ships

Post by Lurkily » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Regarding tit-for-tat . . . What if your teleportation room also protected you from enemy boarding parties? That way you would have to damage their teleportation room with weapons to get a boarding party on board. In order to turn the tide, you'd have to retake the teleportation room to prevent more boarders, and with your boarding parties, prevent the enemy from repairing their own.

This wouldn't set up a solid tit-for-tat system, but it would set the playing field up for dynamics in which one team or the other is boarding, and the other is defending. Once you repair your teleportation chamber, you gain both protection needed to mop up boarders, and the capability to send your own parties.

I always like to see systems that encourage a certain type of gameplay through dynamics, not mechanics. That is, the mechanics encourage players to develop their strategies a certain way, instead of simply making a rule that this is the way you will play.

Quirkly
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Quirkly » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:56 am

Larger ships should come with better advantages. Bigger shield, dodge rooms, and just more advantages. I understand the team is still undergoing changes, I would just like to see advantages to having a larger ship.

Lurkily
Junior Ensign
Junior Ensign

Post by Lurkily » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Seems like every time I come to this thread, new thoughts surface.

I feel like things such as shields should be a constant until you at least get above normal difficulty. I've already encountered scenarios on Normal where there are enemies that can't drop your fully-upgraded shields with one shot, meaning that with a shield room, you're impervious to boarders entirely.

What I would like to see, is a special room that's unique to each large ship, granting unique abilities and bonuses to particular ships.

Also, I'd like to see more meaning to room upgrades. Specifically, rooms in which you can select some, but not all upgrades. Right now, upgrade choices are only meaningful in the order in which you choose them, but there's never a permanent benefit to choosing one and not another.

if you permitted for instance, only two upgrades per room, you could focus on either a combat-capable ship, or a combat-capable crew, but certain rooms would force you to choose a focus on one or the other.

Drukendermen
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Drukendermen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:46 pm

One thing I can say is that the art for the ships is AMAZING!

When you create the other ships in the future I was thinking you should have a ship designed by the community!
People would send in ideas ,and the most liked one(from the community) would be chosen.
*Just an Idea*
I also understand that making the design is hard and all ,but.. I would love to see this happen.
MY Username Is*Dr.ukendermen*--->Dr*dot*ukendermen

Avamander
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Avamander » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:48 pm

I slowed the game down by 2x and I was finally able to play it normally. It is just too fast for me.