Advantage of a medical room...

General discussion for all SC Mobile.
xprimntl
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Advantage of a medical room...

Post by xprimntl » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Is this a new room? I didn't see it before... Also, how would it benefit to give up an armory or sentry room in order to build a medical room? Would be cool in a large ship but Idk about a medium.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: Advantage of a medical room...

Post by Zavier » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Medical rooms allow you to revive a downed crew. Without it they are perma dead always...

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

andromeda
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by andromeda » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:31 pm

revive a downed crew memeber how does this work?

RedShirt
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by RedShirt » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:25 pm

If a crew member is killed, and you have a token available from the medical room, you can tap a small heart icon to resuscitate them. They'll have barely any health left so you should rush them over to a medbay or a free science officer to heal them up.

inkblob
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by inkblob » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:19 am

I find this to be a really useful insurance tactic as by a certain point your crew is pretty leveled up and valuable. If one gets lost out of a hull breach then that's just cause for starting the battle over... though not always. Being a Captain you have to make those hard calls.

My Medical Room is very useful. I have it inbetween the Plasma Cannon, Engineering and Bridge. If stuff starts to go south then I move the Captain there, where the Princess is already running that department. I'll move one Tactical unit from Plasma down to bodyguard and send and Engineer up to put up a drone. Then the 3 remaining bridge officers, and one spare Tactical from Machine Gun can weigh out whether to hold their ground with drone assistance, or if everyone should double back to the Med room.

I know there is this beloved tactic to everyone piling into a weapons room, but it gets too crowded for my liking. Instead, everyone holds the fort at Med Room, and the intruders will follow any crew into there instead of the Plasma Cannon, which I need to keep running. If anything teleports right there then I can whisk some beefed up Bridge crew over there very quickly, and I usually leave a drone there in case. It's easy to send over a Nurse as well.

Since the Med Room, and any other Science room, has innate healing properties just for being in there, doubled with this is a large room with enough space to really spread out and figure out the front line and backup, I've had good luck with this room. I'm able to get the needed revival hearts out in good time, and that was before the upgrade as I always have 2 heart and drone tokens in the bank before any battle. The thing that has got me a few times are hull breaches, and those timelines are best forgotten... except for the Captain. She has to live each and everyone, such is the burden of command....

nawaz
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by nawaz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:54 am

Is this a new room? I didn't see it before... Also, how would it benefit to give up an armory or sentry room in order to build a medical room? Would be cool in a large ship but Idk about a medium.
Are you worried about Brain Dumps.com best of luck

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:02 pm

nawaz wrote:Is this a new room? I didn't see it before... Also, how would it benefit to give up an armory or sentry room in order to build a medical room? Would be cool in a large ship but Idk about a medium.
Early on, it helps you revive weak crew members if you have trouble with that.

Mid game is gives you some good medic bonuses

End game it gets overshadowed by the other large rooms.

This is all assuming your guys don't die a lot. If you end up losing crew often, the medic room is great. If you are surviving well, the other large rooms help a lot.

I believe the armory may get weaker and blow up walls(I forget if they do now) in an update.
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

fuzzy9001
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by fuzzy9001 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:21 am

inkblob wrote:I find this to be a really useful insurance tactic as by a certain point your crew is pretty leveled up and valuable. If one gets lost out of a hull breach then that's just cause for starting the battle over... though not always. Being a Captain you have to make those hard calls.

My Medical Room is very useful. I have it inbetween the Plasma Cannon, Engineering and Bridge. If stuff starts to go south then I move the Captain there, where the Princess is already running that department. I'll move one Tactical unit from Plasma down to bodyguard and send and Engineer up to put up a drone. Then the 3 remaining bridge officers, and one spare Tactical from Machine Gun can weigh out whether to hold their ground with drone assistance, or if everyone should double back to the Med room.

I know there is this beloved tactic to everyone piling into a weapons room, but it gets too crowded for my liking. Instead, everyone holds the fort at Med Room, and the intruders will follow any crew into there instead of the Plasma Cannon, which I need to keep running. If anything teleports right there then I can whisk some beefed up Bridge crew over there very quickly, and I usually leave a drone there in case. It's easy to send over a Nurse as well.

Since the Med Room, and any other Science room, has innate healing properties just for being in there, doubled with this is a large room with enough space to really spread out and figure out the front line and backup, I've had good luck with this room. I'm able to get the needed revival hearts out in good time, and that was before the upgrade as I always have 2 heart and drone tokens in the bank before any battle. The thing that has got me a few times are hull breaches, and those timelines are best forgotten... except for the Captain. She has to live each and everyone, such is the burden of command....
Pretty good tactic what ship are you using?
I'm a dreamer, I wonder what the future holds. But I dont like detentions!

serwusek
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by serwusek » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:47 am

wow, i had no idea that game is so complex