Skills

Share your best kept space secrets!
jludwyck
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Skills

Post by jludwyck » Sat May 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Trying to figure out how my player skills work. Can someone give me a quick run through? For instance, my engineer gets a badge with a wrench on it but when I tap it nothing happens and I'm not sure where/when to use it. Would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Re: Skills

Post by Zavier » Sat May 25, 2013 6:11 pm

You can read the skill descriptions in the game, choose one and there is will be info about item. Its in the skill menu after selecting a character.

Some skills increase their range, speed up their repair rage, or do instant repairs.

-Zavier
I am a volunteer player and do not work for War Balloon

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Sat May 25, 2013 6:11 pm

You can read the skill descriptions in the game, choose one and there is will be info about item. Its in the skill menu after selecting a character.

Some skills increase their range, speed up their repair rage, or do instant repairs.

-Zavier

neph
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by neph » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:30 am

Hi there,
great game
but how do you increase skills other than fighting? All my fighting crew is already up some points in combat skills, but all the other personal is not very busy.

Glacian
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Glacian » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:56 am

Have yellow shirts repair, have blue shirts heal. Cycle them between room assignments to level up others.
the only person I represent is Glacian
- cold hearted bastard… in space -

aussiechris
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by aussiechris » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:37 am

You can auto grind yellow shirts if you have some free time. Build a Sentry room and then a sentry robot. As sentry's continually loose health, you can huddle the engineers around the sentry and they will keep repairing for ever (well, for a long time anyway). They should all level up pretty quickly this way.

Malatar
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by Malatar » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:21 pm

aussiechris wrote:You can auto grind yellow shirts if you have some free time. Build a Sentry room and then a sentry robot. As sentry's continually loose health, you can huddle the engineers around the sentry and they will keep repairing for ever (well, for a long time anyway). They should all level up pretty quickly this way.
This works great for yellow shirts. I can't find a way to get blues up, however. You can't leave people in the fire to be healed anymore: they move out immediately.

MastarPete
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by MastarPete » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:54 am

Malatar wrote:
aussiechris wrote:You can auto grind yellow shirts if you have some free time. Build a Sentry room and then a sentry robot. As sentry's continually loose health, you can huddle the engineers around the sentry and they will keep repairing for ever (well, for a long time anyway). They should all level up pretty quickly this way.
This works great for yellow shirts. I can't find a way to get blues up, however. You can't leave people in the fire to be healed anymore: they move out immediately.
sentry grinding for yellows is great!
I haven't tried but a possible alternative to sentries could be to use a grenade to start a fire in a room then have engineers outside and they'll put out the fire when it spreads within repair range.

Only way I could think of to level blues between missions needs lots of micromanagement. In my case I went with a small healing room, armory, and sentry. I sent my two blues and a large portion of my crew inside my armory (you could use any room). Have your crew make grenades and tell one of your red shirts to toss a grenade at your gathered crew. BOOOM!!! thanks to friendly fire your medics have something to heal, and your engineers have something to repair. If your engineer's have enough skill they can be positioned outside the room you use so they can immediately start to put out the fires so you don't have any crew burn to death. I didn't keep track, but reds assigned to the armory will gain exp for making grenades.

Zavier
Non-Dev Member
Non-Dev Member

Post by Zavier » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:18 am

If you really want to grind blues... Place fire in a room and have the medics stand outside or in the doorway. It will block crew from leaving the room /)

-Zavier

aussiechris
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Post by aussiechris » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Once you have leveled up your crew, it's there a way to use lower level skills? For example, the extended range is great for attacking some enemies or repairing a hull breach, but I can't seem to use these ones after I level up my crew. Ideas?

Also, to grind blues, I just block a crew member in on top of a square of fire anywhere in the ship by surrounding them with blues. Once you have 2 or more blue rooms it's pretty easy to find fire that you can completely surround and prevent your victim from escaping.